Monday, January 28, 2008

Read Blog Archives for Some Good Advice from Successful Solos

Second link of the day to Carolyn Elefant of My Shingle, who asks her readers if they ever bother reading blog archives. Quite a coincidence, since just hours earlier I linked to a post of hers that is more than two years old!
Anyway, her question got me thinking about the value of blog archives to solo startups.
I can't say that they helped me, because I did not seek their advice until I was in trouble. Had I looked at them from the outset, they might very well have helped. Indeed, I am implementing certain recommendations right now.
I think that anyone considering a solo practice should look at archives on all of the successful solo blogs (many of which are in the "Solos Doing It Right" blogroll in the right sidebar). They have anecdotal advice you won't find in many "how to" books. Plus, since some solo bloggers started their blogs either when they were planning their practice or early in their solo careers, their early posts are likely to be very relevant to your early solo practice (technology tips aside, perhaps).

0 comments:

Post a Comment